Since you know what was voted for the next few weeks, this should be simple.
31 comments on “He saved the human race”
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
- ►Cecil’s Picks (129)
- ►Good Bad Games (14)
- ▼Incoherent Ramblings (229)
- Championing Hated Movies Week 4 - Hadley's List
- 10 of the Best Good Bad B-Movie Moments Volume 1
- 10 of the Best Good Bad Movie Moments Volume 2
- 10 of the Best Good Bad Movie Moments Volume 3
- 20 Plus Questions with Good Bad Flicks
- 2020 Good Bad End of Year Update
- 5 of the Best Good Bad Movie Moments Volume 4
- 5 of the Best Good Bad Movie Moments Volume 5
- 5th Annual Request Month Winners
- 8 More days till Halloween
- A deceptive hint!
- A Hint
- A Slight Change of Plans
- A sub genre of horror
- A Very Holy Hint
- All Request January #3 Pick your top 4 Last Day to Vote!
- All Request Month Votes are open
- Almost forgot this week's hint
- And now for something completely different
- Another Final Frontier?
- Another win! (on a game that wasn't planned!)
- April 2018 Good Bad Flicks Channel Update
- April 2018 Q&A
- Back after the holiday
- Beast with a Gun - The Ferocious Legacy Featurette
- Blocked - No Episode This Week
- Blood & Gourd - Short Animated Music Video
- Both of these guys are in this movie
- Bram Stoker's Dracula SNES Challenge!
- Cat Scare Compilation
- Cecil's Stamp of Approval
- Cecil's Top 10 Favorite Movies of 2010
- Cecil's Top 10 of 2009
- Championing Hated Movies Week 1 with Geek Juice
- Championing Hated Movies Week 2 with Geek Juice
- Championing Hated Movies Week 3 with Geek Juice - Cecil's List
- Christmas in the sewer?
- Christmas Shorts Riffs Revisited
- Clonus vs The Island - Good Bad Flicks
- CM's Black Sheep Cinema episode 2: Friday the 13th PART 5 w/special guest Cecil
- Comments Are Working Again
- Dean Koontz Books Deserve Better Movie Adaptations
- Don't Open Til Christmas Commentary
- Don't Open Till Christmas Restored DVD!
- Dude Where's My Job? - Cecil Unscripted - Good Bad Flicks
- Duke Nukem Forever...Finally
- Every move is like Lightning
- Every Reference in The Cabin in the Woods
- First Ever Good Bad Flicks Livestream Update
- Follow me on Twitter!
- Friday the 13th iRiff update
- Friday the 13th Repetition Trailer
- Friday The 13th: Repetition
- Full Moon Video and Good Bad Flicks - Radiodrome
- Game Challenge Live! 6/28 8 PM EST
- GameEnthus Podcast ep103: Down for The Cause or Rubber Retribution
- Give me some requests for future episodes!
- Going for the gold with this week's hint
- Going to be away this week
- Good Bad Flicks Channel Update
- Good Bad Flicks Channel Update
- Good Bad Flicks in the News
- Good Bad Flicks joins The Escapist!
- Good Bad Flicks Turns 1!
- Good times were had by all
- Good to be back
- GoodBadFlicks - Help the Channel
- Goodness From 2018
- Happy New Year!
- Happy Thanksgiving!
- Happy Thanksgiving! It's Cherpumple time!
- Hardware Problem Update
- He saved the human race
- Help Support the Show with Patreon!
- Here are the finalists for All Request January #2! Update
- Hey Hey Hey
- Hint > Hint > Hint
- Hurricane Sandy
- I couldn't think of a hint for this week
- I feel like I've seen the new Robocop suit before
- I hope you don't mind this week's hint
- I Miss Cop Rock
- I thought Honey Boo Boo looked familiar
- I'm in the mood for pancakes
- I'm keeping quiet about this hint
- I'm making it really easy this week
- If you need me I'll be under here
- Important Stuff!
- In case you didn't know this was happening
- In Search of Darkness - Horror Documentary Update
- In Search of Darkness - Horror Documentary Update 2
- In Search of Darkness 2 - Good Bad Flicks Special Edition Announcement
- In Search of Darkness Teaser Trailer
- In Search of Documentary Series UPDATE Plus New Teaser Trailer
- Infinity Chamber (formerly Somnio) is finally getting released!
- Iron Maiden at the Susquehanna Bank Center 6/29
- It Follows - Cecil Unscripted - Good Bad Flicks
- It's a cold one!
- It's Friday, Friday...
- It's not a Video Game Movie
- It's not Carrie
- It's not ET
- It's not Iron Sky
- Jackie Kong director of Blood Diner has a Kickstarter
- January Request Winners!
- July 2015 Q&A - Cecil Unscripted
- June 2019 Update
- Killer Klowns from Outer Space 2 UPDATE
- Last day to vote for All Request January
- Last week's hint was easy
- Lets celebrate with a Twitch Livestream! 9/7 at 8 PM EST
- Moon Base and Site News
- More Accolades? Aw shucks.
- More fun in the snow
- More Q & A with Good Bad Flicks
- More than two of them
- Motorcycles and 80s Hair
- My New Mousepad
- My Stance on Remakes
- Nah, Firestart's Not Happening For Now
- Negative Ghost Rider, the Pattern is Full
- New Editing Keyboard
- New Project? (Cast your vote on the sidebar)
- News and Stuff Indeed
- News and What Not
- No it's not the Terminator
- No Way.
- No, it's not the Fantastic Four
- Nominate me for the Golden Critic Awards!
- Not just for Furniture
- November 2015 Q&A
- November 2019 Update
- Obscure Halloween Specials
- October 2019 Halloween Update
- Oh Halley!
- On the set of The Avengers
- On the set of The Avengers now with video
- Once more, with feeling
- Out of this world?
- Outlast - Survival Horror that is Genuinely Scary!
- Plus and Minus
- Polling for The 3rd Annual All Request January Starts Now!
- Rabbit in Red Podcast - Road to Halloween Part 4
- Rabbit in Red Radio with Special Guest Cecil
- Request #3 This Sunday
- Request Number 2 on Sunday
- Request Week #4 You Already Know
- Roll for Initiative
- Santa Claus Conquers the Martians Live Riff - Best of
- Scream Magazine May-June Issue Unbagging
- Shark at the moon
- Should I do Sharknado? *update*
- Shudder Halfway to Halloween and 30 Day Shudder Promo Code
- Silent Hill Revelation
- Site News! New Projects! Exclamation Points!
- Site running a little slow the past few days?
- SMB The Aftermath
- So Bad It's Good 2 - Almost there!
- Something a little different
- Stupid weather
- Such a Nice Day Out
- Technical Difficulties Update
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Cool As Ice Challenge - Wreckless Eating
- Thank you for 300k subs + Q&A
- Thanks Everyone
- The 4th Annual All Request January!
- The 5th Annual All Request Month
- The 6th Annual All Recommendation Month is here!
- The Cine-Masochist: Relentless
- The Crites have invaded my desk
- The Game of Life
- The Ghost House Story - Unscripted
- The latest edition to my desk
- The Ouija Board Story - Unscripted
- The Red Church Story - Unscripted
- The Return of the Cop
- The Rise and Fall of G4 TV 4 Gamers
- The Second Annual All Request January! Final Day to Add Your Picks!
- The Sensory Deprivation Tank Story - Unscripted
- The UFO Story - Unscripted
- The Winners!
- Then one foggy Christmas Eve...
- There's a hint hint in the closet
- There's two of them
- This is a disaster
- This is a screencap from the movie
- This one has a guy fighting giant spiders with a chainsaw
- This Sunday
- This week's hint is crazy
- This week's hint is on a roll
- This week's hint isn't laughing
- This week's hint never chases buses or women
- This week's hint will bug you
- This week's hint. Give him the stick!
- This will make some people happy
- This year's winners!
- Those Damn Kids
- Top 10 Most Ridiculous Movie Taglines
- Top Ten Best and Worst Films of 2012
- Total Recallin'
- Ugh Comment Spam
- Upcoming Live Event! Link: The Faces of Evil
- Update for this week
- Updates and Stuff
- Vote for the episodes you want to see in 2017
- Vote for what you want to see in January!
- Vote for your top 4!
- We brought a hint back with us...
- We could use some of this right now
- Well This is Unfortunate
- What could it be this week?
- What could it be?
- What do I do when I'm not watching bad movies?
- What does it take to make a good video game movie?
- Where is this week's video?
- Where's Mario?
- Who needs a Delorean when you have a Turbo Interceptor?
- Why Copyright Deadlock doesn't work
- Winter 2018 Update - Thanks for 200k Subs
- WTF are you doing Blumhouse?
- WTF Happened to Movie Posters?
- WTF Happened to Movie Remakes?
- WTF Happened to Movie Trailers?
- WTF Happened to PG-13?
- WTFU my Scouts Guide Review
- ►Radiodrome (11)
- ►Shorts (2)
- ►Videos (1488)
How Would the Duck be a hint of what movie you were going to review?
lol I see what you did there
Howard the Duck!
“trapped in a world he never made……”
the Howard The Duck movie is freaking awesome
Just picked this, along with Deep Blue Sea, The Happening, and Shark Night up at the library as part of my Good Bad Flicks Month. So far, I have seen Split Second, Cyclone, half of Harley Davidson (finishing tonight), and The Kiss. Got The Guyver coming from Netflix tomorrow.
Awesome. You are in for some greatness.
Yep. Just finished Shark Night. How the fuck does that have a 3.6 on IMDb while Transformers has a 6.1? Too many people wanted it to be a remake of Piranha 3D… Just read the user reviews.
Finishing Harley and Marlboro after What the Fuck tonight. Deep Blue Sea tomorrow morning. May try to fit in Happening as well. Guyver Monday/Tuesday night. Dr. Giggles coming from Netflix Tuesday, watching Wednesday. Just ordered Fear (in a three pack with Raising Cain and something else), Mortal Kombat 1&2 (only watching the first), Spice World, and Priest from the library. YouTube will help out as well (Gymkata, Ninja 3, The Hidden, etc.).
As a side note, a few months back my local Fox channel’s morning anchor made a reference to Gymkata and went off about how awesome it was and how the co-anchors and weather guy should all see it. That made me laugh.
Watch the 2nd Mortal Kombat it is a great so bad its good film.
Shark Night is a blast, I’m glad to see I’m not the only one confused by all the hate. (and there is tons of hate!)
Wow a Gymkata reference on Fox? Glorious. I’m still hoping one day the Rifftrax guys to that one, since they used to reference it all the time on MST3K.
Cecil! You are on the Scream Factory Facebook page! Your poster video, that is!
Yay! So excellent! This thing is all over the place this week.
I’m so excited about the next episode you bring out next week. 🙂
Well at least Howard the Duck is no longer the most reviled character that George Lucas brought to screen. 🙂
Actually out of all the characters in the Phantom Menace Yar Yar Binks is the only one that had any personality who really wasn’t that bad.
will you review the phantom movie?
So. I finished Howard. The first half was great, but the rest was pretty bad. Meh. You know who would make a good Howard the Duck movie? James Gunn. Just imagine it… Hard R, Slither effects, Troma humor. It would be awesome. Not to mention, he already has an in with Marvel through Guardians of the Galaxy…
I can’t wait for GoG.
The Ducktales Movie? Nah, just kidding, I know what it is.
why not cecil?
He doesn’t like everything. Maybe The Phantom hit him in a bad way, like Batman & Robin or the Tom and Jerry movie.
And like Battlefield Earth…. :(.
I’m serious. It’s always a must see for me when it’s on tv late at night. It’s very similar to The Room. High ambitions, main actors who play their heart out (and giving an awesome terrible performance) and a non-sense story. I can see why he don’t want to even see (or see it again) and why it of course can’t stand in the company of his other good bad flicks. I don’t want to open Pandoras shark formed box….but if the fun bad moneygrap of Sharknado got a show, this one should at least be a podcast topic; like terrible movies you refuse to watch but have to…for the podcast….make a better title damn you ;).
Hadley titles those. And so did Brad… Way back when.
Mmmm yes. I know they did it on the Projection Booth, but that one was a more serious take on filmmaking. I’m not sure I heard the others except in short doses with their worst of XXX or damning hated movies. I thought maybe there was something missing in case of “Movies you previously refused to see and turned out *your opinion*”. Sorry can’t describe it better ;P. Like I hate Juno just on all the media stuff I saw without actualy seeing it. I don’t want to see it, I avoid to see it. Maybe I should see it!?
Never ever watch Juno. Ever.
Battlefield Earth has its funny moments but overall, it is just dull and stupid. If it kept up the level of hilarity, I could do it like The Wicker Man. However as it stands, it wouldn’t be much more than a rehash of what others have already said.
I didn’t hate the Phantom I just don’t feel strongly enough about it to give it an episode.
mayby you have right i have watch nostalgia criticks review of it and hee just complaint about his purble custume
When I first encountered this site it was basically a fluke when I was looking up reviews for ‘The Wicker Man’. I totally lost my shit by the end of it I just couldn’t get enough of the reviews. It was only after watching about twenty or so of the films I realised (yes I know this makes me mentally retarded) that he wasn’t bagging these films so much as he was actually praising them whilst having a light jab at them – with the only exception (with no redeeming features whatsoever) being Catwoman and, I suppose (whimper) The Wicker Man. Thus I’ve accepted we’ll never see reviews of Transformers, Phantom Menace or Battlefield Earth because as much as I’d love to see those movies torn to fucking shreds that’s not what goodbadflicks is about. I think you’ve taken what is potentially a very difficult-to-sell idea and made it potentially VERY bankable by being able to actually properly justify or at least rationalise you’re fondness for these films. And seriously there is stuff about these films that makes me sit back and go “How the fuck does he find out this stuff?”. And like I said, as much as I’d love to see Cecil’s style of review being applied to B.E, T.P.M etc., I don’t think its going to happen because the whole point of this site (and correct me if I’m wrong) is looking at movies from a perspective that is slightly left of the norm.
At least with Wicker Man you did give it a (sort of) redeemable mention by saying you’d rather watch it over Arthur, Psycho (the remake) or Hairspray.
You are most certainly correct. The whole theme is taking underrated or “bad” movies and showcasing the good aspects of them, as well as explaining why they are entertaining or not deserving of their negative reputation. While most movies I cover are enjoyable for (whatever reason I give in the videos) movies like The Wicker Man remake, Catwoman, Birdemic, Troll 2, and so are are enjoyable because they fall into the “so bad they are good” file. They are spectacular failures that are overwhelmingly enjoyable to view if you like that sort of thing. Growing up with Mystery Science Theater, movies like these are wonderful.
However, I don’t focus on those too often because I like to talk about the underdogs. The movies that either are ignored or get lumped into the “oh I heard that sucked so it must suck.” I give them a voice in the positive, as well as a rational explanation as to why they shouldn’t be so disliked. (instead of screaming about how much they suck, which there is nothing wrong with if that’s what you want to do, but there already are a plethora of people who do this…also, its just not my style) I like to goof on the movies the I cover and blast the vacuous hundred million dollar crap fests that have zero going on in the brains department.
I don’t plan on doing something like Battlefield Earth unless I have a valid reason to do so. Transformers I will never do. I may cover the Star Wars prequels at some point but given how well Red Letter Media covered them, is there really much more to be said?