He’s doing something similar.
25 comments on “This week’s hint isn’t laughing”
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
- ►Cecil’s Picks (129)
- ►Good Bad Games (14)
- ▼Incoherent Ramblings (229)
- Championing Hated Movies Week 4 - Hadley's List
- 10 of the Best Good Bad B-Movie Moments Volume 1
- 10 of the Best Good Bad Movie Moments Volume 2
- 10 of the Best Good Bad Movie Moments Volume 3
- 20 Plus Questions with Good Bad Flicks
- 2020 Good Bad End of Year Update
- 5 of the Best Good Bad Movie Moments Volume 4
- 5 of the Best Good Bad Movie Moments Volume 5
- 5th Annual Request Month Winners
- 8 More days till Halloween
- A deceptive hint!
- A Hint
- A Slight Change of Plans
- A sub genre of horror
- A Very Holy Hint
- All Request January #3 Pick your top 4 Last Day to Vote!
- All Request Month Votes are open
- Almost forgot this week's hint
- And now for something completely different
- Another Final Frontier?
- Another win! (on a game that wasn't planned!)
- April 2018 Good Bad Flicks Channel Update
- April 2018 Q&A
- Back after the holiday
- Beast with a Gun - The Ferocious Legacy Featurette
- Blocked - No Episode This Week
- Blood & Gourd - Short Animated Music Video
- Both of these guys are in this movie
- Bram Stoker's Dracula SNES Challenge!
- Cat Scare Compilation
- Cecil's Stamp of Approval
- Cecil's Top 10 Favorite Movies of 2010
- Cecil's Top 10 of 2009
- Championing Hated Movies Week 1 with Geek Juice
- Championing Hated Movies Week 2 with Geek Juice
- Championing Hated Movies Week 3 with Geek Juice - Cecil's List
- Christmas in the sewer?
- Christmas Shorts Riffs Revisited
- Clonus vs The Island - Good Bad Flicks
- CM's Black Sheep Cinema episode 2: Friday the 13th PART 5 w/special guest Cecil
- Comments Are Working Again
- Dean Koontz Books Deserve Better Movie Adaptations
- Don't Open Til Christmas Commentary
- Don't Open Till Christmas Restored DVD!
- Dude Where's My Job? - Cecil Unscripted - Good Bad Flicks
- Duke Nukem Forever...Finally
- Every move is like Lightning
- Every Reference in The Cabin in the Woods
- First Ever Good Bad Flicks Livestream Update
- Follow me on Twitter!
- Friday the 13th iRiff update
- Friday the 13th Repetition Trailer
- Friday The 13th: Repetition
- Full Moon Video and Good Bad Flicks - Radiodrome
- Game Challenge Live! 6/28 8 PM EST
- GameEnthus Podcast ep103: Down for The Cause or Rubber Retribution
- Give me some requests for future episodes!
- Going for the gold with this week's hint
- Going to be away this week
- Good Bad Flicks Channel Update
- Good Bad Flicks Channel Update
- Good Bad Flicks in the News
- Good Bad Flicks joins The Escapist!
- Good Bad Flicks Turns 1!
- Good times were had by all
- Good to be back
- GoodBadFlicks - Help the Channel
- Goodness From 2018
- Happy New Year!
- Happy Thanksgiving!
- Happy Thanksgiving! It's Cherpumple time!
- Hardware Problem Update
- He saved the human race
- Help Support the Show with Patreon!
- Here are the finalists for All Request January #2! Update
- Hey Hey Hey
- Hint > Hint > Hint
- Hurricane Sandy
- I couldn't think of a hint for this week
- I feel like I've seen the new Robocop suit before
- I hope you don't mind this week's hint
- I Miss Cop Rock
- I thought Honey Boo Boo looked familiar
- I'm in the mood for pancakes
- I'm keeping quiet about this hint
- I'm making it really easy this week
- If you need me I'll be under here
- Important Stuff!
- In case you didn't know this was happening
- In Search of Darkness - Horror Documentary Update
- In Search of Darkness - Horror Documentary Update 2
- In Search of Darkness 2 - Good Bad Flicks Special Edition Announcement
- In Search of Darkness Teaser Trailer
- In Search of Documentary Series UPDATE Plus New Teaser Trailer
- Infinity Chamber (formerly Somnio) is finally getting released!
- Iron Maiden at the Susquehanna Bank Center 6/29
- It Follows - Cecil Unscripted - Good Bad Flicks
- It's a cold one!
- It's Friday, Friday...
- It's not a Video Game Movie
- It's not Carrie
- It's not ET
- It's not Iron Sky
- Jackie Kong director of Blood Diner has a Kickstarter
- January Request Winners!
- July 2015 Q&A - Cecil Unscripted
- June 2019 Update
- Killer Klowns from Outer Space 2 UPDATE
- Last day to vote for All Request January
- Last week's hint was easy
- Lets celebrate with a Twitch Livestream! 9/7 at 8 PM EST
- Moon Base and Site News
- More Accolades? Aw shucks.
- More fun in the snow
- More Q & A with Good Bad Flicks
- More than two of them
- Motorcycles and 80s Hair
- My New Mousepad
- My Stance on Remakes
- Nah, Firestart's Not Happening For Now
- Negative Ghost Rider, the Pattern is Full
- New Editing Keyboard
- New Project? (Cast your vote on the sidebar)
- News and Stuff Indeed
- News and What Not
- No it's not the Terminator
- No Way.
- No, it's not the Fantastic Four
- Nominate me for the Golden Critic Awards!
- Not just for Furniture
- November 2015 Q&A
- November 2019 Update
- Obscure Halloween Specials
- October 2019 Halloween Update
- Oh Halley!
- On the set of The Avengers
- On the set of The Avengers now with video
- Once more, with feeling
- Out of this world?
- Outlast - Survival Horror that is Genuinely Scary!
- Plus and Minus
- Polling for The 3rd Annual All Request January Starts Now!
- Rabbit in Red Podcast - Road to Halloween Part 4
- Rabbit in Red Radio with Special Guest Cecil
- Request #3 This Sunday
- Request Number 2 on Sunday
- Request Week #4 You Already Know
- Roll for Initiative
- Santa Claus Conquers the Martians Live Riff - Best of
- Scream Magazine May-June Issue Unbagging
- Shark at the moon
- Should I do Sharknado? *update*
- Shudder Halfway to Halloween and 30 Day Shudder Promo Code
- Silent Hill Revelation
- Site News! New Projects! Exclamation Points!
- Site running a little slow the past few days?
- SMB The Aftermath
- So Bad It's Good 2 - Almost there!
- Something a little different
- Stupid weather
- Such a Nice Day Out
- Technical Difficulties Update
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Cool As Ice Challenge - Wreckless Eating
- Thank you for 300k subs + Q&A
- Thanks Everyone
- The 4th Annual All Request January!
- The 5th Annual All Request Month
- The 6th Annual All Recommendation Month is here!
- The Cine-Masochist: Relentless
- The Crites have invaded my desk
- The Game of Life
- The Ghost House Story - Unscripted
- The latest edition to my desk
- The Ouija Board Story - Unscripted
- The Red Church Story - Unscripted
- The Return of the Cop
- The Rise and Fall of G4 TV 4 Gamers
- The Second Annual All Request January! Final Day to Add Your Picks!
- The Sensory Deprivation Tank Story - Unscripted
- The UFO Story - Unscripted
- The Winners!
- Then one foggy Christmas Eve...
- There's a hint hint in the closet
- There's two of them
- This is a disaster
- This is a screencap from the movie
- This one has a guy fighting giant spiders with a chainsaw
- This Sunday
- This week's hint is crazy
- This week's hint is on a roll
- This week's hint isn't laughing
- This week's hint never chases buses or women
- This week's hint will bug you
- This week's hint. Give him the stick!
- This will make some people happy
- This year's winners!
- Those Damn Kids
- Top 10 Most Ridiculous Movie Taglines
- Top Ten Best and Worst Films of 2012
- Total Recallin'
- Ugh Comment Spam
- Upcoming Live Event! Link: The Faces of Evil
- Update for this week
- Updates and Stuff
- Vote for the episodes you want to see in 2017
- Vote for what you want to see in January!
- Vote for your top 4!
- We brought a hint back with us...
- We could use some of this right now
- Well This is Unfortunate
- What could it be this week?
- What could it be?
- What do I do when I'm not watching bad movies?
- What does it take to make a good video game movie?
- Where is this week's video?
- Where's Mario?
- Who needs a Delorean when you have a Turbo Interceptor?
- Why Copyright Deadlock doesn't work
- Winter 2018 Update - Thanks for 200k Subs
- WTF are you doing Blumhouse?
- WTF Happened to Movie Posters?
- WTF Happened to Movie Remakes?
- WTF Happened to Movie Trailers?
- WTF Happened to PG-13?
- WTFU my Scouts Guide Review
- ►Radiodrome (11)
- ►Shorts (2)
- ►Videos (1488)
Hm. Though Call.
I scanned Tennant’s IMDB credits and his TV Work outweighs his film credits and I didn’t see anything with a “punchy” title that would be a giveaway. Best guess is the “Quatermass” remake he did in ’05 and even that seems like a long shot.
I should probably clarify, it’s not starring Tennant.
I keep seeing DrStrange I think stufff with guy so I guess something Dr Strange
You are close!
the remake of fright night? where he’s a magician i think. i skipped watching it sadly
Nope. Think more about what is he as opposed to who he is.
Dr. Giggles, BOOM!
The Asylum’s Sherlock Holmes? Wasn’t some Dr. Who related actor in that?
Also, completely unrelated, but how awesome is it that Wasteland 2 has already raised 1.2 mil? I so wish I had 5 grand burning a hole in my pocket so I could get a statue. I’ll have to settle for being one of a few thousand people listed in 2pt. font in the credits.
I heard the Asylum Sherlock was quite good but I have yet to see it. I did recently watch their 3 Musketeers and it was one of their better ones…still bad but I was entertained.
Words can not express how giddy I am that Wasteland 2 is on. I know I’ve mentioned it a few times but I am serious when I say that the original had a serious impact on my life. All the post apocalyptic movies, books, and games I’ve enjoyed over the years all started with Wasteland. I wanted to put in $1000 to get my name in the game but unfortunately right now that money has to go towards other things. So, I put up $250 so I could get the autographed boxed edition. If I can swing it I might up it to $500. I know some folks would say that is a lot but its hard to put a price tag on something like this. Hell, if I was rich I wouldn’t bat an eye at giving $10,000.
I’m trying to figure out something to do to commemorate the success of the Wasteland 2 kickstarter. I think I may do a special video around when the project funding winds to a close, in mid April. Perhaps I’ll finally do my episode on She, the batshit crazy post apocalyptic movie. Maybe I’ll just do a retrospective on the genre in general. It’s going to be tough because I am going away for a few day in the beginning of the month.
Here is my original C64 copy. Still the best video game cover ever.
So jealous. I had it on the C64 too, and wish I still had the box and books around; they must have been lost at some point, probably during a move. Reading the Paragraphs in a text file just isn’t the same as holding the book. Or staying up too late reading paragraphs that I’m not supposed to, trying to form a coherent storyline from the whole Mars red herring. I also deeply love that cover. It’s so minimalistic, but so evocative. Damn but I love that game. Still consider it my favorite. I’ve been playing the hell out of it these past few days. I so love watching Vax being blown to ash in the ruins of Cochise 😀
Like you, Wasteland had a huge effect on my life, odd as that is to say. It wasn’t my first computer game by a long shot, but it really stuck in my mind. That same Christmas, my brother got Bard’s Tale 3 (another fantastic game), but nothing stuck with me like Wasteland did. Probably because it was so brutally hard and unforgiving. I still remember the first time I had a party killed (thanks for putting the Citadel so close to the Ranger Station, Brian) and being gobsmacked that not only was death permanent for characters, but that the bastard game SAVED on that sun-bleached skeleton, so you couldn’t even go back to your last save before being wiped out. Make a new party! The game was merciless, both in saving when you died, and for some of the unbelievably brutal zones, like the absolute nightmare that was the Vegas sewers.
When the game comes out, you’ll have to post a picture of your signed copy. I was only able to kick in $100 (heh, “only”), so I’ll at least have a physical copy. And I would love for you to do a video to celebrate WL2’s funding.
And now I better stop yammering. I think it’s the anticipation, but I’ve been talking about Wasteland non-stop for days, and I think everyone around me is sick of it.
I still remember walking into an Electronics Boutique (I think it was, the store is fuzzy) and seeing the game on the rack. I was immediately drawn to the cover and since it was by the guys who did The Bard’s Tale, I knew it was going to be amazing. Little did I know that it was still going to effect me years and years later.
I had the worst character names. Krull, Phantasie, Phantasar, Illusion, Renegade…so corny. I always toiled over names, even now.
I’ll be sure to post a picture of the collector’s edition when I get it. Once I finish working on this week’s episode I’m going to try and figure out what I can do to commemorate the glorious return of Wasteland.
Don’t feel bad. The majority of my coworkers don’t know anything about video games, so I didn’t even bother bringing this up to them. There are a few that consider themselves gamers but all they play is Angry Birds or Wii Bowling.
Oh man, Electronics Boutique. Right up there with Egghead Software. Got a lot of stuff from those two, as well as Mom and Pop stores. Man, there’s something you don’t see any more… independent computer game stores. I learned about Wasteland in the weirdest way, a kid in my homeroom either had the box or one of the books. I saw it and thought, “Whoa… that looks awesome…” and it went on my Christmas list. I knew nothing about it, but the art alone sold me. Of course now, I’m so cynical, I damn near need to see an LP before I bother with a game, unless it’s Fallout or Elder Scrolls.
My names usually ended up being either normal every day names, or weird, really bad ones like Sapphire or something. Except for the time I used the Bard’s Tale 3 code wheel for names. Something weird about a group of Rangers named Tarjan, Ferrofist, Allira, and Werra.
Coworkers, people I know online, girlfriend… nobody is safe from my ramblings. I think I’ve mostly got it out of my system, though. However, “Would I fucking be here if I made Angry Birds?!”
The Angry Birds line was one of the best things I’ve ever heard. We have so many people here that play it and I just shake my head. They rave about how it is the greatest thing ever in history, despite the fact that I’ve played a million different versions years ago, before there were stupid birds.
Awesome! I just watched Dr. Giggles again a week ago. I found an old VHS that I had taped off of HBO. It was followed by Double Dragon, The Guyver, and the original Troll (which totally kicks Troll 2’s ass) . What a great tape. It made me fondly remember the days of creating my movie collection by scouring the TV guide (mostly for partial nudity), figuring out running times, and tryng to fit 4 movies on a t-120 tape. Can’t wait for the new episode.
Ah the good ol days. That was how I first started my collection of movies as well, by taping off cable. I cleared most of them out a while ago when I moved but only the ones that I had on another format. Some of them never made it to DVD and others aren’t even available on VHS.
This week’s episode is turning out nicely, I’m pretty happy. 🙂
EDIT: I do like the original Troll but Troll 2 holds a special place in my heart. It’s like the original Birdemic.
I started my video collection the same way. I actually spent a whole rainy day in the summer of 2007 going through all the recorded tapes in my parents’ collection, taping all the commercials to a DVD. Got some amazing stuff from all of the tapes, including the last five minutes of an Inside the NFL episode from October 1986. When I put it on You Tube in 2008, I had every guy over 30 asking me if I had anymore episodes from the mid 1980s! Lol!
But really, Dr. Giggles? I saw that movie in the mid 1990s, and it was creepy as hell. Strange, but creepy as hell. Can’t wait for it! I watched your Suburban Commando review again the other night…don’t ask, I’m not sure why I watched it again, it was just better than the movie! And it had the Ding Dong Song on it. That song gets stuck in your head. It is stuck in mine right now. Damn you Cecil! 🙂
The Ding Dong Song has been in a constant playlist of mine for years now…that and Bang Bang Bang by Group X.
I still have some tv recorded VHS tapes in the basement, I may have to transfer them to digital and pull some of the best commercials. Ads used to be awesome. Now they all suck.
Lol, oh goodness, really?
I love older commercials. When I was still with my boyfriend, he enabled my love for old commercials by bringing me tapes to record from from his house. We even bonded over the logos on movies and old videos. The good old days.
I know it goes against the topic of your site, but a video of some of your old commercials would be cool, I just always like to see what everyone else has in their collections.
A friend of mine’s father-in-law had (probably still has) a gigantic collection of movies that were taped off cable and local UHF stations (back when there were local Monster Vision-like shows, like Svengoolie). Of course, he started when he was an adult and able to afford blanks, so he’d only put two movies on each tape. He had a little binder full of typed pages that listed each tape by number and what movies were on tape.
Since he just taped what was available when it was available, it lead to some rather amusing combinations, and we spent one evening just pouring over the list and laughing at bizarre pairings like, say, Ghost and Ghostbusters.
You should have seen mine. Puppet Master 1, Puppet Master 2, Sorority Babes in the Slime Bowl-O-Rama.
My ex-boyfriend’s mom had a a legend of sorts with all tapes categorized. It was massive. I was jealous. My collection only pales in comparison.
Growing up my first tape ever was Conan the Destroyer, Pee wee’s Big Adventure and Bill Cosby HImself. I have definitely have seen those movies more times than any other movies ever.
Excellent line up. Pee Wee’s Big Adventure could very well be my favorite comedy of all time. Bill Cosby Himself…I’ve seen that so many times when I was younger I could recite huge chunks of it from memory. Love the Cos. Even Leonard Part 6.