I may have made this too easy.
15 comments on “This week’s hint never chases buses or women”
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
- ►Cecil’s Picks (129)
- ►Good Bad Games (14)
- ▼Incoherent Ramblings (229)
- Championing Hated Movies Week 4 - Hadley's List
- 10 of the Best Good Bad B-Movie Moments Volume 1
- 10 of the Best Good Bad Movie Moments Volume 2
- 10 of the Best Good Bad Movie Moments Volume 3
- 20 Plus Questions with Good Bad Flicks
- 2020 Good Bad End of Year Update
- 5 of the Best Good Bad Movie Moments Volume 4
- 5 of the Best Good Bad Movie Moments Volume 5
- 5th Annual Request Month Winners
- 8 More days till Halloween
- A deceptive hint!
- A Hint
- A Slight Change of Plans
- A sub genre of horror
- A Very Holy Hint
- All Request January #3 Pick your top 4 Last Day to Vote!
- All Request Month Votes are open
- Almost forgot this week's hint
- And now for something completely different
- Another Final Frontier?
- Another win! (on a game that wasn't planned!)
- April 2018 Good Bad Flicks Channel Update
- April 2018 Q&A
- Back after the holiday
- Beast with a Gun - The Ferocious Legacy Featurette
- Blocked - No Episode This Week
- Blood & Gourd - Short Animated Music Video
- Both of these guys are in this movie
- Bram Stoker's Dracula SNES Challenge!
- Cat Scare Compilation
- Cecil's Stamp of Approval
- Cecil's Top 10 Favorite Movies of 2010
- Cecil's Top 10 of 2009
- Championing Hated Movies Week 1 with Geek Juice
- Championing Hated Movies Week 2 with Geek Juice
- Championing Hated Movies Week 3 with Geek Juice - Cecil's List
- Christmas in the sewer?
- Christmas Shorts Riffs Revisited
- Clonus vs The Island - Good Bad Flicks
- CM's Black Sheep Cinema episode 2: Friday the 13th PART 5 w/special guest Cecil
- Comments Are Working Again
- Dean Koontz Books Deserve Better Movie Adaptations
- Don't Open Til Christmas Commentary
- Don't Open Till Christmas Restored DVD!
- Dude Where's My Job? - Cecil Unscripted - Good Bad Flicks
- Duke Nukem Forever...Finally
- Every move is like Lightning
- Every Reference in The Cabin in the Woods
- First Ever Good Bad Flicks Livestream Update
- Follow me on Twitter!
- Friday the 13th iRiff update
- Friday the 13th Repetition Trailer
- Friday The 13th: Repetition
- Full Moon Video and Good Bad Flicks - Radiodrome
- Game Challenge Live! 6/28 8 PM EST
- GameEnthus Podcast ep103: Down for The Cause or Rubber Retribution
- Give me some requests for future episodes!
- Going for the gold with this week's hint
- Going to be away this week
- Good Bad Flicks Channel Update
- Good Bad Flicks Channel Update
- Good Bad Flicks in the News
- Good Bad Flicks joins The Escapist!
- Good Bad Flicks Turns 1!
- Good times were had by all
- Good to be back
- GoodBadFlicks - Help the Channel
- Goodness From 2018
- Happy New Year!
- Happy Thanksgiving!
- Happy Thanksgiving! It's Cherpumple time!
- Hardware Problem Update
- He saved the human race
- Help Support the Show with Patreon!
- Here are the finalists for All Request January #2! Update
- Hey Hey Hey
- Hint > Hint > Hint
- Hurricane Sandy
- I couldn't think of a hint for this week
- I feel like I've seen the new Robocop suit before
- I hope you don't mind this week's hint
- I Miss Cop Rock
- I thought Honey Boo Boo looked familiar
- I'm in the mood for pancakes
- I'm keeping quiet about this hint
- I'm making it really easy this week
- If you need me I'll be under here
- Important Stuff!
- In case you didn't know this was happening
- In Search of Darkness - Horror Documentary Update
- In Search of Darkness - Horror Documentary Update 2
- In Search of Darkness 2 - Good Bad Flicks Special Edition Announcement
- In Search of Darkness Teaser Trailer
- In Search of Documentary Series UPDATE Plus New Teaser Trailer
- Infinity Chamber (formerly Somnio) is finally getting released!
- Iron Maiden at the Susquehanna Bank Center 6/29
- It Follows - Cecil Unscripted - Good Bad Flicks
- It's a cold one!
- It's Friday, Friday...
- It's not a Video Game Movie
- It's not Carrie
- It's not ET
- It's not Iron Sky
- Jackie Kong director of Blood Diner has a Kickstarter
- January Request Winners!
- July 2015 Q&A - Cecil Unscripted
- June 2019 Update
- Killer Klowns from Outer Space 2 UPDATE
- Last day to vote for All Request January
- Last week's hint was easy
- Lets celebrate with a Twitch Livestream! 9/7 at 8 PM EST
- Moon Base and Site News
- More Accolades? Aw shucks.
- More fun in the snow
- More Q & A with Good Bad Flicks
- More than two of them
- Motorcycles and 80s Hair
- My New Mousepad
- My Stance on Remakes
- Nah, Firestart's Not Happening For Now
- Negative Ghost Rider, the Pattern is Full
- New Editing Keyboard
- New Project? (Cast your vote on the sidebar)
- News and Stuff Indeed
- News and What Not
- No it's not the Terminator
- No Way.
- No, it's not the Fantastic Four
- Nominate me for the Golden Critic Awards!
- Not just for Furniture
- November 2015 Q&A
- November 2019 Update
- Obscure Halloween Specials
- October 2019 Halloween Update
- Oh Halley!
- On the set of The Avengers
- On the set of The Avengers now with video
- Once more, with feeling
- Out of this world?
- Outlast - Survival Horror that is Genuinely Scary!
- Plus and Minus
- Polling for The 3rd Annual All Request January Starts Now!
- Rabbit in Red Podcast - Road to Halloween Part 4
- Rabbit in Red Radio with Special Guest Cecil
- Request #3 This Sunday
- Request Number 2 on Sunday
- Request Week #4 You Already Know
- Roll for Initiative
- Santa Claus Conquers the Martians Live Riff - Best of
- Scream Magazine May-June Issue Unbagging
- Shark at the moon
- Should I do Sharknado? *update*
- Shudder Halfway to Halloween and 30 Day Shudder Promo Code
- Silent Hill Revelation
- Site News! New Projects! Exclamation Points!
- Site running a little slow the past few days?
- SMB The Aftermath
- So Bad It's Good 2 - Almost there!
- Something a little different
- Stupid weather
- Such a Nice Day Out
- Technical Difficulties Update
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Cool As Ice Challenge - Wreckless Eating
- Thank you for 300k subs + Q&A
- Thanks Everyone
- The 4th Annual All Request January!
- The 5th Annual All Request Month
- The 6th Annual All Recommendation Month is here!
- The Cine-Masochist: Relentless
- The Crites have invaded my desk
- The Game of Life
- The Ghost House Story - Unscripted
- The latest edition to my desk
- The Ouija Board Story - Unscripted
- The Red Church Story - Unscripted
- The Return of the Cop
- The Rise and Fall of G4 TV 4 Gamers
- The Second Annual All Request January! Final Day to Add Your Picks!
- The Sensory Deprivation Tank Story - Unscripted
- The UFO Story - Unscripted
- The Winners!
- Then one foggy Christmas Eve...
- There's a hint hint in the closet
- There's two of them
- This is a disaster
- This is a screencap from the movie
- This one has a guy fighting giant spiders with a chainsaw
- This Sunday
- This week's hint is crazy
- This week's hint is on a roll
- This week's hint isn't laughing
- This week's hint never chases buses or women
- This week's hint will bug you
- This week's hint. Give him the stick!
- This will make some people happy
- This year's winners!
- Those Damn Kids
- Top 10 Most Ridiculous Movie Taglines
- Top Ten Best and Worst Films of 2012
- Total Recallin'
- Ugh Comment Spam
- Upcoming Live Event! Link: The Faces of Evil
- Update for this week
- Updates and Stuff
- Vote for the episodes you want to see in 2017
- Vote for what you want to see in January!
- Vote for your top 4!
- We brought a hint back with us...
- We could use some of this right now
- Well This is Unfortunate
- What could it be this week?
- What could it be?
- What do I do when I'm not watching bad movies?
- What does it take to make a good video game movie?
- Where is this week's video?
- Where's Mario?
- Who needs a Delorean when you have a Turbo Interceptor?
- Why Copyright Deadlock doesn't work
- Winter 2018 Update - Thanks for 200k Subs
- WTF are you doing Blumhouse?
- WTF Happened to Movie Posters?
- WTF Happened to Movie Remakes?
- WTF Happened to Movie Trailers?
- WTF Happened to PG-13?
- WTFU my Scouts Guide Review
- ►Radiodrome (11)
- ►Shorts (2)
- ►Videos (1488)
Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man! Awesome!
One of my all time favorites. I hope I don’t gush about it too much.
You frequently say “One of my favorite movies…” or “One of my favorite X-Genre films…”
Do you have a comprehensive list that can use to keep track of your best picks?
Yikes, it would probably be a long list. The whole “favorites” thing is kind of a crutch I use a bit too often. (kind of like my “the is the ______ thing ever” ) I don’t have a list that I keep written or anything, just whats in my brain.
I was thinking of doing a top 100 all time favorite movies but I wasn’t sure if anyone would be interested in it.
I will tell you a few more recent favorites though. JCVD, The Ruins, Grandma’s Boy, Pan’s Labyrinth, and Idiocracy.
I’d enjoy seeing an actual list. I agree that “it’s one of the best ever!” claims, while charming, start to lose a bit of their punch. It’s better than the Agony Booth’s “we started a website to critique terrible movies and eventually wound up covering noted razzy contenders The Dark Knight, Forest Gump, Eternal Sunshine, and The Fellowship of the Ring (!) but it still makes it a bit hard on the reader to discern your relative opinion on films.
A bad habit I need to address is using the same old crutches over and over. “Best ever!” etc. Sometimes they just sneak in there.
Movies should always be entertaining. One of the reason I don’t like a lot of mainstream movies is that they often seem to forget that. They are too busy trying to appeal to everyone and end up being entertaining to no one. Some of my favorite movies are movies that will never win any awards but I’d rather watch them than many of the movies the critics rave about.
I do still enjoy mainstream movies but I find myself enjoying more of the old ones over the crop of new ones. I do get pleasantly surprised now and again though. For example, I just watched In Time and enjoyed the hell out of it. It was an original idea, not a remake, and it was done very well.
Never heard of the film although it actually sounds pretty good and worth a watch.
Just curious where did you see and hear about these 80’s and 90’s films? Cable TV, video store, internet or all of the abvove?
HD&tMM is pretty bonkers and a lot of fun.
I don’t know how Cecil heard about it, but I remember seeing ads on TV for it, back when it was originally released.
Agreed! A large part of that was the chemistry between Rourke and Johnson.
This one is totally worth a viewing. Out of many of the movies I’ve covered, I think this is one of the ones that held up the best.
When I was in High School I used to work next door to a mom and pop video store back in the pre-blockbuster days. I was friends with the girl that worked there and I used to hang out there a lot and rent almost everything that came in as long as it was in the sci-fi, horror, or action genre. (I explained this in much greater and funnier detail in a podcast a while back…if I can find it I’ll post it, I think it is a pretty good story of the old days of VHS)
As far as how I heard about this movie, I was a big Mickey Rourke fan and saw a ton of tv spots for the film.
Yes it would be good if you would post the podcast if you can find it.
I used to buy ex-rental videos then DVDs when they came out in the video store that had some relatively obscure films like Citizen Verdict and were much cheaper than retail DVDâ€™s that usually had offers where you could buy so many for a certain price.
I’m guessing another post apocalyptic joint.
To quote SFDebris in his review of “Night of the Comet”; “Harley Davidsons are the only bikes for the Post Apocalypse”.
Sorta. Not exactly post apocalyptic but a “future” where things are a bit off.
I usually see it like this:
PA movies that take place primarily in a city – Harley Davidson bikes
PA movies that take place elsewhere – Misc dirt bikes
Any movie with Tia Carrere gets my vote! I can hear your opening sentance now: “The movie starts with a pre-messed up face Mickey Rourke in a seedy motel, having just banged a hooker.”
LOL you were pretty close actually.
Ah Tia Carrere…that reminds me, I gotta go watch Relic Hunter!